I read about so about how they deserved it because of the whale and dolphin killings. REALLY??!! That really made me angry! How can they be so ignorant and insensetive? Yes, it's true that the whale and dolphin killings were cruel, but that doesn't mean Japan had to go through such a tragedy to pay back for it. No one, and I mean NO ONE deserve to go through that. To those people out there who think they deserved it, SHAME ON YOU!!
Here is a list of natural disasters that happened around the world in just this year. (Jan 2011 - March 2011)
- Earthquake magnitude 6.9 Argentina-January 1
- Earthquake magnitude 5.2 - Southern XinJiang, China-January 1
- Earthquake 7.1 magnitude Chile-January 2
- More Than 1,000 Dead Birds Fall From Sky in Arkansas-January 2
- Dead fish cover 20-mile section of Arkansas River-January 2
- Uganda yellow fever outbreak kills more than 40-January 3
- Earthquake Near Japan Triggers Tsunami Warning-January 3
- Powerful earthquake hits south-east Iran-January 3
- Earthquake 7.0 magnitude hits northern Argentina-January 3
- Hundreds of dead blackbirds found in Louisiana-January 3
- 10,000s of Birds found dead in Manitoba-January 3
- Thousands of Birds fall from the sky in South America-January 3
- Major Flood in Rockhampton, Australia-January 3
- Dead Birds Found In Kentucky-January 4
- 100 tons of dead fish wash up on Brazil's shores-January 4
- Hundreds of dead birds found in East Texas-January 5
- Dead birds in Sweden, millions of dead fish in Maryland, Brazil and New Zealand-January 5
- Shift of Earth's magnetic north pole affects Tampa airport-January 5
- 40,000 crabs found dead on England beaches-January 6
- Heavy floods leave at least 35 dead in Brazil-January 6
- Earthquake 4.5 magnitude in California-January 12
- Huge Waves Destroy Homes in E. Indonesia-January 12
- Victorian Flood - January 12
- Thousands of marine animals found dead in Mato Grosso Do Sul / Amazon Region-Febuary 4
- Magnitude 6.3 earthquake- Christchurch, New Zealand -Febuary 21
- Thousands of dead fish have washed up at Sebastian Inlet State Park Florida-Febuary
- Millions of small fish including anchovies, sardines and mackerel were found dead at King Harbour area at Redondo Beach, California-March
- Magnitude 8.9 earthquake and tsunami devastating Japan-March 11
- 40ft section of California Highway falls into Pacific Ocean-March 16
- Magnitude 3.5 earthquake - offshore nothern California - March 17
- Magnitude 6.5 earthquake- Vanuatu- March 17
Did all those people deserve that too? Is it really necessary to say that just because of a group of people have done a cruel act, that everyone else should pay for it?! If you say yes, I'm sorry to say this, but you are a sick, sick person and you should get some help. Or maybe just go bury yourself in dog poo.
Some say all these are happening due to the next coming of Jesus Christ, some are saying that people have sinned too much and God wants us to repent, some are saying that disasters are happening due to the over-population in the world, some are saying that the movie '2012' is actually 'true', some says that the world is too weak and old and is time to die, some are saying that natural disasters happen every year and this year is no exception, some are even saying that aliens are coming.
Whatever you chose to believe in, just don't ever say that "they deserve to go through a natural disaster and lose their loved ones/homes, etc because they are cruel. It's kind of 'country-ist'. Don't generalize. People are not types of chocolate.
The whole world is in mourning, have some respect. If you don't have anything nice to say, take a hike and shut the hell up.
To those who have been directly or indirectly affected by any of the tragedies, you have my deepest sympathy and my prayers.
R.I.P to those who have lost their lives.